Columbia Sportswear Company Assistant Store Manager - Destin, FL - Silver Sands Premium Outlets in Destin, Florida
Assistant Store Manager - Destin, FL - Silver Sands Premium Outlets
United States, Florida, Destin
100004LB Requisition #
Apr 05, 2018 Post Date
The Assistant Store Manager is a key member of the Store Leadership Team and is responsible for providing team leadership and supporting the Store Manager to ensure effective store operations. Join the adventure at Silver Sands Premium Outlets.
R esponsibilities :
- Provide leadership and direction to the store staff, including supervisors and associates.
- Support the Store Manager in developing a strong sales environment focused on teamwork and customer service.
- Ensure store sales goals are achieved through providing direction in these areas: sales techniques, customer service, product knowledge, and store communications.
- Assist the Store Manager in developing and implementing motivational incentives for sales staff. Track employee results and make suggestions for modifying goals accordingly.
- Assist the Store Manager with the development and implementation of action plans to address any issues relating to store sales, goals, safety, training and personnel development.
- Demonstrate leadership, coaching, and listening skills through training and acting as a positive role model and leader on duty.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers in person or by phone, and providing information on current products, features, and benefits.
- Assist the Store Manager in interviewing, hiring, training, and disciplinary action as it applies to the store staff.
- Provide coaching & direction on a day-to-day basis to ensure staff performance standards are met.
- Provide input to Store Manager on staff performance for the performance appraisal process.
- Assist in the timely completion of all recordkeeping associated with applicants, new hires, payroll, performance appraisals, salary reviews, counselling, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Perform opening and closing duties, including balancing registers, preparing cash bags, and activating security system.
- Assist in maintaining inventory levels by communicating with the Store Manager and Freight Supervisor.
- Assist Store manager in the implementation and maintenance of management systems for sales tracking, organization, and controlling and auditing store operations.
- Act as the Store Manager in that person's absence.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Prefer one year previous experience in retail at management or supervisory level.
- Must possess strong business acumen and thorough knowledge of retail management practices.
- Demonstration of strongselling techniques and experience providing high levels of customer service.
- Excellent time management, problem solving abilities, and the ability to use good judgment and make strong independent decisions.
- Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel are needed.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Basic math ability and problem solving skills are required.
Jo b Conditions :
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized cash register, perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder occasionally, and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Available to work flexible store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age