FirstService Residential Human Resource Generalist in Miramar Beach, Florida
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
FirstService Residential has an opening for a Human Resource Generalist to work out of a corporate office location located in Miramar Beach, FL. Must have strong recruiting and sourcing background to be considered. Apply today!
Perform functions to assist with various aspects of Human Resources within assigned properties, including recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration and compliance, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as Human Resources contact for assigned properties. Respond to employee and management inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensure compliance with HR related federal, state and local requirements and regulations, including but not limited to, Workers' Compensation, FMLA, I-9s, FLSA, EEO and FCRA .
- Provide support with employee relation counseling and related activities. Assist management in the implementation and communication of employee handbooks, policies, procedures and provide interpretation as needed. Participate in the investigation of employee complaints.
- Assist with the population and maintenance of the Human Resource Information System.
- Partner with HR Corporate to administer functions in the areas of training and employee development, compensation and benefits. Coordinate daily transactions within properties and provide guidance and assistance to employees with research, questions and concerns. Participate in the annual benefits enrollment and performance evaluations processes.
- Will administer the recruiting process for specified properties. Place advertisements for job openings in approved sites. Receive, acknowledge, review, and file applications. Set interview appointments, and perform background checks and document findings. Maintain electronic application tracking system.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process. Complete and maintain necessary documentation and may coordinate and conduct new hire orientation.
- Coordinate the termination process including conducting exit interviews and completing necessary documentation.
- Maintain employee files and records while complying with legal requirements to protect employee privacy.
- Coordinate employee events and activities.
- Maintain awareness of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Generate and file all required reports as needed.
- Assist with other support activities and special projects as needed to maintain workflow and efficiency within the Human Resources functions.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field from an accredited college or university, and three to five years of HR experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies :
- Knowledge and ability to apply Federal, State and local employment laws.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee levels.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with HRIS systems preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven
- Critical thinking, problem solving, judgment and decision making abilities.
- Heavy recruiting background.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may involve some driving/traveling to properties.
Determined On Experience
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled