SMG Stagehand in Pensacola, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Stagehand for SMG/Pensacola Bay Center.
Responsible for assisting the Production Supervisor(s) with Event related calls (take in, show, load out , work) while ensuring the production needs are met for the venue, client and patrons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist during Work Calls for the venue conversions.
- Assist during Load-In, Show, and Load-Out Calls for the assembly and disassembly of show productions.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Assembling production equipment on stage.
- Construction of set pieces, risers, musical equipment.
- Spotlight operation during shows for qualified personnel.
- Assist with video, sound and light production before, during and after shows for qualified personnel.
- Move furniture, road cases, miscellaneous equipment.
- Maintain a safe and professional work environment at all times.
- Ensure proper handling and storage of all equipment, from both venue and events.
- Be punctual at start times/dates for all assigned and accepted calls; and work until the completion of each call.
- Stand ready to assist the venue Production and Operations departments to meet changing venue needs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management
No supervisory responsibilities assigned to this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with limited supervision while exercising judgment and initiative in addressing and completing assigned tasks from the Production Supervisor.
- Ability to work in an efficient and effective manner.
Knowledge of industry terms and the ability to operate sound, lighting, audio-visual and other industry related equipment is a plus
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience with production for live events a plus
Skills and Abilities
Understand and be capable of insuring that all policies and procedures are followed.
Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule to produce accurate results and meet deadlines
Detailed orientated with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Maintain a professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk/stand extensively, kneel, climb to high walkways, balance, and maneuver throughout the venue.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work inside and outside the building is required, may have some exposure to adverse conditions.
Work flexible hours, including nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays and occasionally long shifts (8+ hours).
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply in person at 201 E Gregory Street Pensacola, FL starting Thursday, March 22 from 9:00 am-4:00pm each day. No phone calls please.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 850-432-0800
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled